7.1 Degree awarded after completion of the study programme (120 credits)
A Degree of Master (120 credits) with environmental science as the main field, as described in the programme syllabus for EnvEuro - European master in Environmental Science, is awarded to students who complete the course requirements (pass courses) of 120 credits according to the following:
- at least 30 credits for courses with specialised study in the main field environmental science (A1N; A1F ),
- at least 30 credits independent project (degree project / second cycle A2E) in environmental science
- maximum 15 credits may be for courses passed during the first cycle.
Course requirements further include:
- Environmental Management in Europe, distance course, 15 credits
- at least 30 credits elective courses according to approved study plan
- at least 30 credits courses at any of the other ELLS-universities
- independent project within environmental science according to approved study plan and instructions for the programme
In addition the student must have a Degree of Bachelor or professional qualification consisting of at least 180 credits.
A student that fulfils the requirements for a Degree of Master (120 credits) will, upon request, receive a degree certificate. The degree certificate will state that the student has obtained a Degree of Master (120 credits) with a major in Environmental Science.
There is a possibility to take a double degree .
The degree certificate will also state that the requirements have been fulfilled according to the programme syllabus for EnvEuro - European master in Environmental Science. Detailed course requirements are shown in the study plan, which is approved by the Education committee and is presented in an appendix to the programme syllabus.
7.2 Other degrees the student may be awarded after finishing the study programme
The courses included in Masterís programme EnvEuro Ė European Master in Environmental Science also allow for the awarding of the following degrees on condition that SLUís demands for general qualifications are fulfilled:
- Degree of Master (60 credits) with Environmental Science as the main field
- Degree of Master (120 credits) with Environmental Science as the main field (not linked to the programme)